CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

What a weekend!!

Saturday is the big day for Soccer around here. Jacob has a game at 8:30 a.m., Benjamin at 10:00 and Britni at 11:00. Luckily the fields are all connected together so I just had to walk a lot to get to them all. Jacob's team won their game. Jacob even scored one goal. Benjamin's team lost however, they actually scored 2 goals so that was exciting since they had yet to score in a game. :) Britni's game was the most exciting.

Britni got to start this game again. She was so excited. The coach told her he really wanted her to score. So she was really trying and almost made it twice before she got hit pretty hard and landed on her back/head. To me it looked like she was clothes lined but she said she wasn't. She laid there for a bit because she had the wind knocked out of her. When she stood up she said 2 little words you never want to say. "I'm a little dizzy." It only last a couple seconds and her head hurt but that was all. Well, the assistant coach told her that she couldn't play the rest of the game. And she had to get cleared by a Dr. before she could even play in practice. She was really mad. Not only that the game went into double overtime and sudden death and she couldn't play in it!!! Her team ended up losing by 1 point. One girl from our team landed on her neck and had to be taken away by ambulance. She had hyper extended her neck. The funny thing is that this team really wasn't that rough of a team compared to the last team.

I really enjoyed going to the R.S. Broadcast on Saturday night. Our R.S. did a dinner and then we watched the broadcast and had dessert afterwards. At first I didn't think that I would get anything out of the talks but President Utchdorf's talk was perfect. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I am trying to find out what I'm suppose to be doing with my life right now. He made some excellent points with his forget me knots. I wouldn't be surprised if another book comes a long from him. :)

Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was a good meeting. This morning I picked up Britni from Seminary to get her to the Family Practice Clinic for their Open Access. So she could cleared for Soccer. We were the first ones there and the first ones out. When we went in the place was empty but when we left it was crowded. She even made it to school on time. :)

I best get to cleaning my house now. That and laundry and dishes never end in motherhood!! :) Have a great day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment