CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School and Soccer

So we have survived 3 days and school and a long weekend. I'm actually glad for the 3 day weekend. The kids were just so exhausted from adjusting to the new school year. So the long weekend was much appreciated. The kids for the most part have enjoyed the first few days. Samuel is having the hardest time. The first day of school went like this. "How was school Sam?" "I hate it." "Why do you hate school?" "Because I am so hungry all day long!!" (He took a lunch the next day and that worked great.) Then the next day "I don't like school!" "Why don't you like school?" "I'm sick of Conner." "What's wrong with Conner." "I just don't like him." (What can you do about that?) The saga continues... This Morning "I don't want to go to school." "Why?" "It's just too long!!" "Don't you remember how bored you were last year when you got home before the other boys?" "No!" "Well, you were always asking when are the boys coming home?" And I would answer "In 2 hours...etc." I hope he adjusts soon. I don't know how much more I can take of this "I HATEitis!"

Britni started early morning Seminary this morning. It is earlier this year because the Primary School has changed their hours and the Seminary teacher is a substitute at the Primary School. So Seminary starts at 6:30 a.m. Britni gets up at 5 a.m. and practices piano and gets a shower and eats breakfast then goes to Seminary. After that, her cousin, Devin takes her to Uncle David's work to hang out for an hour until school starts. Don't know what will happen when she starts driving in January.
She is doing well with Soccer. She is really trying to get on Varsity. Her first game is on Thursday so we should know by then.

Daniel brought home a huge school project already. Doing a big map of the State of Washington using cardboard for the base and then clay stuff for the mountains. They will paint it on Thursday. Daniel is actually working on getting projects done a little early. He is trying for Straight A's this year. I know he can do it. So does his teacher.

The weekend was pretty quiet. Except for the BYU Football and Women's Soccer games!! Go BYU!! Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment