CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reflection

I just got back from the funeral of a dear friend who had been fighting cancer for 8 years. She was an amazing woman. She had strong faith even though she never made it to church very much because of her illness. Her family loved and adored her as much as she loved and adored them. She loved the youth and always had time for the teenagers in the neighborhood. Her husband always said the stray kids and stray dogs were always welcome at their home. Funerals for me is a time to reflect on eternity. I have noticed that the veil is very thin at funerals. You can feel the spirits on the other side comforting and loving the people that are at the funeral.

My thoughts at Charlene's funeral was "Will my kids say that I adored and loved them?" "Will my family feel that I took the time to support them in all the activities that they were in?" Her family was her life and she put her all in it. Am I putting my "all" into my family? Just some questions I need to ponder on, I think.

Have a very non windy day to you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment