CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

The rest of the Fair Results and Recipes

Jacob did very well at the Dog Show on Saturday. However, it was so hot that the dogs just didn't want to cooperate by the afternoon. He got Grand Champion and 1st place ribbon for Showmanship in his division. Then he got white (3rd) for obedience and white (3rd) for judging (this is where the kids judge the leaders doing obedience with dogs). He also got Blue Ribbon (1st) for his educational poster (which I did mostly) and a blue ribbon (1st) for his presentation of the poster (he did on his own). His poster was selected to go to the state fair, however, someone splashed water on it while it was hanging up at the Dog Show. So that is a bummer but those things happen. He also got a Red ribbon (2nd) on his 4-H Record Book. Which is funny considering his writing isn't the greatest. I am happy that Jacob did so well. He plans on doing it again this next year. He was only in the dog classes for 4 months before this Dog Show. He should do much better next year. As long as he trains his dog for 10 minutes a day.

Now for a couple of the cookie recipes that I entered. I have been asked by one of my AWESOME Sister-in-laws to post the recipes.

Crunchy Peanut Butter Cereal Drops

1 cup Light Karo Syrup
1 cup White Sugar
2 cups peanut butter (If I use Crunchy P.B. I will add a little extra)
4 cups Cheerios, cornflakes, or any non sugar cereal

In a large saucepan over medium heat cook syrup and sugar for 7-8 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add peanut butter; stir until dissolved then fold in the cereal and mix until well coated. Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper. Cool for 1-2 hours and store in an airtight container.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies

Preheat oven to 350.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup craisins

Cream together butter, shortening, sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix the flour, baking powder, soda, salt together and add to creamed mixture. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips and craisins. Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets (I don't think I greased mine and they were still o.k.)

Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

I altered this recipe and I hope I remembered everything that I altered. The recipe actually calls for 1 cup brown sugar but I usually use more brown sugar than white sugar because I like that flavor better for cookies. That's just me though. ;) Play with it and let me know what you think.

Personally I couldn't believe some of the judges comments. I'm really glad that I entered just for fun and that I know I'm an awesome cook anyway!! :) Have a great Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment