CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

LIfe gets so busy

I will give a recap of last week. Mondays I go to Centerville School and help Samuel's teacher out for about an hour. I usually make copies and correct papers. Last week I corrected a test that they took in English. I can tell you that Samuel will not be an English major. He may be a Math major though. He is really good at Math!!

Tuesday I had the chance to go on Daniel and Jacob's field trip to the Little White Salmon Fish Hatchery and to the Discovery Museum in Stevenson. The Fish Hatchery was kind of interesting but kind of gross too. They were working with the Coho Salmon that actually make it to the fish hatchery. They were taking the eggs out of the girl fish and then squeezing the guy fish to fertilize the eggs then the eggs go into a special tray to incubate. Jacob's class will actually get the eggs at the beginning of January and finish hatching them. We always did baby chicks when I was in school. I think this is the first year that they are trying the fish.

The Museum was kind of fun. I love Museums!! This one had a real steam engine that was used with logging back in the day. They started it up for us. They also had a fish catcher type thing that they used in the rivers before the dams were built. A family actually lived in the little hut by the fish catcher. The cabin was probably as big as my living room. Not very big. They had a lot of old pictures of families and they had a section with Japanese stuff and a section of Catholic medals and jewelry. They some really cool old cars and trains too. Then an Indian woman told us some stories about the Columbia Gorge. Pretty interesting.

The rest of the week I was busy but don't remember much. Lynn, Dad, Mom and I went to the Portland Temple on Saturday. Mom usually does initatories. She was met by Aunt Joyce after she was done and they had a nice chat. Cousin Deborah took Aunt Joyce to Hawaii. I would love to go to Hawaii. One of these years maybe.

I taught Relief Society on Sunday. I haven't taught R.S. in about 10 years. But I wasn't really nervous because all the sisters have been my friends for years. It was kind of fun. Mom actually said that I did a good job. Yea!!

I better get going. I will try to update more. Life just gets in they way sometimes. Have a great week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment