CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Parent /Teacher Conferences

It's that time of year again when we get to go to Parent Teacher Conferences. I really do enjoy going to these conferences and talking to the teachers about my children. I really appreciate all of the teachers that my kids have. They work so hard for our children.

Yesterday was the boys conferences. Usually the school will put the conferences either youngest to oldest or vice versa. Not this time. We started with Jacob. Jacob still has pretty good grades. He barely squeaked by with his reading grade (for our family that's not having a C). But at least he made it. I think he's my procrastinator.

Daniel was suppose to be next but his teacher was a whole conference behind schedule. So I walked to by Benjamin's teacher who was in a conference and then went downstairs to Samuel's teacher who was free. She fit me in so I didn't have to wait.

Samuel is doing very well in 1st grade. He keeps saying how easy 1st grade is. So I told his teacher who made a note to give him some extra work that will challenge him a little more. He is excited for that. He exceeds in Math and Reading. And he does very well with the other subjects as well.

I was able to do Benjamin's next. Daniel's teacher wasn't done with the person before Daniel. His teacher this wouldn't take too long. Benjamin does very well in all areas. She is mainly just happy to have a student who completes his work and doesn't cause problems. It must be a pretty rough class.

Now for Daniel. Daniel has the highest GPA in his class a 3.55. That is pretty sad. His teacher is a hard teacher but he prepares the kids very well for High School. All the kids who have had this teacher has said that High School is easy compared to his class. He advised Daniel to retake Algebra next year. He is getting a B in Algebra but doesn't seem to understand the concepts. He also advised Daniel to try Cross Country Track in the Fall to get him in shape for Basketball. He also advised Daniel to take weight lifting. hehe!! We will see what Daniel chooses when the counselor from the High School comes to sign them up for classes for next year.


Today was Britni's conference. I wonder why I even go to her conferences. She does a Student Led Conference. It's suppose to help the kids be responsible for their grades and their future. Britni is such an over achiever that I really don't worry about her so much. She has straight A's again. She's well on her way to Valedictorian. Way to go Brit!!

Over all pretty good conferences. I must say Congratulations to my niece Kliss who just had a beautiful baby boy!!!

Next week is Spring Break here. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment