CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

Where is Summer??

I don't know about the rest of the country but here in Goldendale we get teased a lot with the weather!! One week it is beautiful with 70's and 80's weather. Then it is cold, rainy and icky for the rest of the time. In my opinion that is just not nice. It has been a couple of months since I have written so I will try to catch everyone up. O.k. I can't remember that far back. So sad. My memory is going. I will give highlights though. Britni went to an LDS Prom in Vancouver. She was quite beautiful. She borrowed her dress from her cousin so she saved some money there. :) The boys have been boys and are growing up way too quickly. Daniel is almost 5'11" now with a shoe size of 13. Jacob just is wishing himself to grow. His time will come but not yet. They are excited about the end of school. Daniel graduates from the 8th grade on Monday night. Then school is out for the boys on Tuesday. Britni however, has to go until Friday of next week. Lynn got his IPAD for his Birthday. He loves it, the kids love it, I love it!! It's well loved. It's nice to be able to check e-mails and get online anytime, even if the kids are on the computer. His company recently got him and the stalwart workers the new IPHONE. So they took my old icky cell phone away. Lynn decided that I need a cell phone so we got a tracfone for me. It's nice and I get to text. Which is fun. So now Lynn is all techy!! I had a dental procedure done at the end of April. I had a part of my gums removed from my top front teeth. My crowns were impinging on the gums and they always were swollen. Now no swelling. However, I had had to wait 3 months to get new crowns put on. So my front teeth look icky until then. That will happen next month. My dentist assures my that I will love it. We will see. I FINALLY was called in to sub as a para pro at the Middle School. One day a month ago, they couldn't get a hold of Carmine who usually does the subbing in the Library there. So they called me. I went in not knowing what I was doing but I learned and enjoyed every minute of it. So on my own, I went to the librarian and got trained to do the job. They called me a couple of weeks ago to sub while MAPS testing was going on. What was suppose to be a one week gig ended up being a 10 day gig!! It was great and not so great. I had to teach lessons which is like teaching Sunday School. Some classes were better than others that is for sure. But in the end the kids seemed to like me. I hope to be called in again sometime. I did realize though in that time frame that I don't want a full time job right now. I ended up missing my boys Spring concert that they do because I was working. All I can say is it was a good experience for me. Not much else going on. The rest of this month will be kids going and coming. Britni has Basketball camp the week after school is out. Benjamin has Cub Scout Twilight Camp that same week. Daniel and Jacob leave for their Washington D.C. trip the week after that. And Britni will have Youth Conference. I really wish that Daniel would be able to go to Youth Conference but he will be in D.C. at the time. The rest of the Summer will be unknown pretty much. I need to figure out something fun to do with the kids as a family. Maybe end up camping. We will see. Have a great summer!!

1 comment: